It had been over a week since ‘The Squad‘ member (and leader by Trump’s account) Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D) had posted a tweet, save for one retweet, which led to speculation that it was related to her chief of staff, Saikat Chakrabarti leaving the office. Today, she returned to the social media site with a five-part tweet claiming that “Fox News is big mad about abolishing the electoral college” and that the GOP is “scared of the popular vote.”
SEE TWEETSTORM FROM @AOC BELOW:
I see Fox News is big mad about abolishing the electoral college.— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) August 23, 2019
So let’s talk about it.
1) If the GOP were the “silent majority” they claim, they wouldn’t be so scared of a popular vote.
They *know* they aren’t the majority. They rely on establishing minority rule for power.
3) LASTLY, this concept that the Electoral College is provides “fairness” to rural Americans over coastal states doesn’t hold any water whatsoever. First of all, virtually every state has rural communities. NY. California. Much of our states are rural.— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) August 23, 2019
But very importantly…
5) The Electoral College isn’t about fairness at all; it’s about empowering some voters over others.— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) August 23, 2019
Every vote should be = in America, no matter who you are or where you come from. The right thing to do is establish a Popular Vote. & GOP will do everything they can to fight it.
Fox News’ Tucker Carlson had a segment the other night with guest Dana Perino where they went over recent statements by Ocasio-Cortez where she decried the electoral process as “racist.”
SEE VIDEO BELOW:
Her hiatus was documented in an article today from popular conservative writer Steven Crowder who shared tweets from verified users who had noticed her absence.
SEE TWEETS FROM @michaeljknowles AND @mollyfprince BELOW:
I'm not saying Ocasio-Cortez doesn't write her own tweets, but her rampant use of emojis sure did stop since Chakrabarti left her office.— Molly Prince (@mollyfprince) August 22, 2019
This last tweet is a screenshot image as this user’s twitter account is now set to private shortly after making this tweet…
SEE TWEET FROM @thealexvanness BELOW:
- Left-Wing Activist Arrested By Capitol Police After Brandishing Baseball Bat and Biting One of the Officers - October 15, 2021
- Herschel Walker Thanks Josh Hawley For Ringing Endorsement: ‘No One Works Harder to Hold Our Leaders ACCOUNTABLE’ - October 15, 2021
- Loudon County Superintendent Claims to Have Misunderstood Parent’s Question, Apologizes As School Board Member Resigns - October 15, 2021