On Monday morning a 56-year-old conceal carry holder shot two would be robbers after they pointed a gun at the man and “demanded his belongings”.
This all unfolded on the west side of Lori Lightfoot’s Chicago.
According to the police, “One of the individuals got out of the vehicle, pointed a firearm at the victim, and demanded his belongings. A struggle ensued before the victim withdrew his weapon and fired several rounds. The offending vehicle then attempted to flee, but crashed nearby.”
The driver of the suspects’ vehicle was shot in the head and is in critical condition. The other male shot was found multiple blocks away from the crash with a gunshot wound to the shoulder. A third male who was involved sustained a broken leg and was also taken to a hospital for treatment.
The conceal carry holder was uninjured during the incident. Police have shared the suspects were between the ages of 15 and 18.
According to CWBChicago, the robberies started at 5:25 a.m. when three men robbed a woman at gunpoint. There were six more robberies with another crew participating in a separate vehicle.
CWBChicago reported the other robberies as:
- Four gunmen robbed a man in the 1600 block of North Damen around 5:25, taking his wallet and power tools. They fled in a gray car that had a trash bag over a broken rear side window, a report said.
- Three men emerged from the same car and robbed a woman at gunpoint in the 1600 block of North Hermitage around 5:28 a.m.
- Three men emerged from a gray car and robbed a group of people at a bus stop on the corner of Ashland and North avenues around 5:25 a.m. Two of those victims, both women, called the police after they arrived at work in the West Loop.
- Another victim was robbed at gunpoint in the 2200 block of North Milwaukee in Logan Square around 5:39 a.m.
- A delivery driver was robbed outside his work location in the 600 block of North Western Avenue at 5:43 a.m. by four men.
- Two people were robbed outside their office in the 2000 block of North Milwaukee around 5:46 a.m.
A concealed carry has shot two people who tried to rob him on the West Side this morning, minutes after their car was used to commit a string of armed robberies in Wicker Park: sourceshttps://t.co/ELTHEcBTZA— CWBChicago (@CWBChicago) December 6, 2022
CWBChicago was tablet to tie the robbers to another incident in April sharing:
“There’s a big twist to yesterday’s shooting of would-be robbers by a concealed carry holder. Two of the teens who tried to rob him also tried to carjack an Uber driver in April — but the Uber driver shot their accomplice dead.”
There's a big twist to yesterday's shooting of would-be robbers by a concealed carry holder.— CWBChicago (@CWBChicago) December 6, 2022
Two of the teens who tried to rob him also tried to carjack an Uber driver in April — but the Uber driver shot their accomplice dead.https://t.co/Gpy1b2AnVV
With more pushback by a citizen, it appears that this crew may be done or possibly just taking a break. CWBChicago shared their observation.
“Pretty neat how holdup crews can rob more than 40 people in 3 days, but all it takes is one concealed carry holder to end that nonsense. No robbery sprees since yesterday morning in the crews’ trolling grounds.”
Pretty neat how holdup crews can rob more than 40 people in 3 days, but all it takes is one concealed carry holder to end that nonsense.— CWBChicago (@CWBChicago) December 6, 2022
No robbery sprees since yesterday morning in the crews' trolling grounds.
As Mayor Lightfoot seems to pretend that her city doesn’t have a crime problem, citizens are taking their safety into their own hands.
- Tucker Carlson Eviscerates Joe Biden Amid Chinese ‘Spy’ Balloon Fiasco, ‘This is not the First’ - February 3, 2023
- U.S. Senator Eric Schmitt Demands Investigation Over Biden Administration Failing to Intercept Chinese ‘Spy’ Balloon - February 3, 2023
- Disgraced former Police Chief Hand Selected by Leftist Boise, ID Mayor and who Reportedly Cracked another Officer’s Neck Seeks New Employment with Toledo, OH PD - February 3, 2023