Yesterday, we reported that former President Donald Trump issued a statement after Kyle Rittenhouse was found not guilty on all counts.
Later last night, Trump called into Laura Ingraham’s Fox News show and opined further on the case.
Ingraham asked Trump about his reaction to the verdict, to which the former president responded, “I think that it was a great decision, I was surprised it had to go this far.”
“Somebody should have ended it earlier and frankly, the case should have never been brought, it was prosecutorial misconduct in my opinion and there’s plenty of it going on in this country right now,” Trump explained.
Trump continued, “It was disgraceful if you’re talking about innocence based on self-defense, this was the poster boy. I think he would have been dead if he had waited a quarter of a second when that gun was pointed at his head, that guy was going to pull that trigger, literally, you are talking less than a second, he would have been dead.”
Then Trump said something very profound that many conservatives have been pointing out, especially, for example, in the Capitol police killing of Ashli Babbitt.
“There wouldn’t have been a trial because they probably wouldn’t have tried the person that pulled the trigger, so, I was very happy to see it, a lot of people were very happy to see it, most people,” Trump insisted.
President Trump’s Reaction To The Full Acquittal Of Kyle Rittenhouse
— The Columbia Bugle
“I think that it was a great decision…frankly the case should have never been brought. It was prosecutorial misconduct in my opinion.”
“I was very happy to see it.” pic.twitter.com/4L5CiSHabR(@ColumbiaBugle) November 20, 2021
Last year, Trump sat down for an interview with Ingraham less than a week after the shooting that occurred in Kenosha, Wisconsin to discuss the riots that were occurring in “Dem-run cities” at the time.
As we previously reported:
It was only a matter of time before former President Donald Trump issued a statement following the vindication of Kyle Rittenhouse today in the Kenosha County Courthouse.
In a statement issued through his Save America PAC, Trump said, “Congratulations to Kyle Rittenhouse for being found INNOCENT of all charges.”
Taking an apparent shot at critics, Trump added, “It’s called being found NOT GUILTY—And by the way, if that’s not self defense, nothing is!”
- Kat Timpf Updates Fans After Successful Double Mastectomy with Lighthearted Joke Post - March 20, 2025
- Pam Bondi Drops the Hammer, Announces Charges Against Three Tesla Arsonists With a Minimum Five Year Sentence - March 20, 2025
- Mike Johnson Is Re-elected as House Speaker After Two Republicans Flip Their Votes During First Round of Voting - January 3, 2025