In a press release, Republican House Minority Whip Steve Scalise released a Coronavirus Response Timeline. In a tweet, he blasted the Democrats for “trying to somehow blame President Trump for the Coronavirus.”
He said that while Trump was “taking action,” Democrats were “busy with their impeachment sham.” He then brought up the State of the Union, say that Trump, “updated America” on the virus while “Pelosi tore it up.”
Dems trying to somehow blame Donald Trump for the Coronavirus pandemic are all talk. The record is clear: He was taking action while they were busy with their impeachment sham. He updated America on it in the State of the Union. Pelosi tore it up.
Dems trying to somehow blame @realDonaldTrump for the Coronavirus pandemic are all talk.— Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) April 3, 2020
The record is clear:
– He was taking action while they were busy with their impeachment sham.
– He updated America on it in the State of the Union. Pelosi tore it up. https://t.co/bzXBlVcT5n
While Democrats continue to blame President Trump for the global Coronavirus pandemic, the record shows that the United States government has been forceful and responsive to the crisis. Congress will continue to work with the Trump Administration and our public health experts on next steps.
The timeline begins with the first confirmed case of the novel coronavirus experiences symptoms onset, according to Wuhan authorities on December 8th.
One date in regards to the tweet is February 4th, President Trump vows to fight the coronavirus disease in his State of the Union address: “Protecting Americans’ health also means fighting infectious diseases. We are coordinating with the Chinese government and working closely together on the coronavirus outbreak in China. My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from this threat.” Speaker Pelosi tears up the speech.
On January 29, 2020, President Trump announces the formation of the President’s Coronavirus Task Force to lead the United States Government response to the novel coronavirus.
Two days later, President Trump institutes a travel ban on all foreign nationals who have visited China within the past 14 days. HHS Secretary Alex Azar declares a Public Health Emergency for the novel coronavirus. When President Trump suspends entry from a number of countries for national security reasons, Speaker Pelosi criticizes the president and vows to bring the NO BAN Act to the House floor.
The timeline ends with yesterday’s US case totals. The CDC reports that the United States has 213,144 confirmed cases and 4,513 deaths caused by coronavirus.
- Kayleigh McEnany says She Will Tell Her Daughter About Elon Musk and How He Fought For Free Speech For Her and Millions of Others amid the #TwitterFiles Dump - December 2, 2022
- Trump White House Official ‘Seethed’ in Revealed Email From When Kayleigh McEnany Was Locked Out of Her Twitter Account for Sharing the New York Post Hunter Biden laptop Story - December 2, 2022
- ‘We’re Double-Checking Some Facts’ Elon Musk Delays Hunter Biden Story Suppression by Twitter Reveal - December 2, 2022