Scaramucci Tells Steve Scully to ‘Ignore’ in Bizarre Twitter Exchange Following Trump’s Hannity Interview

UPDATE: C-SPAN has released a statement which read that “Steve Scully did not originate the tweet and believes his account was hacked. The Commission on Presidential Debates has stated publicly that the tweet was not sent by Scully himself and is investigating with the help of authorities.

According to Fox News, Frank Fahrenkopf, a co-chairman of the commission, first made the hacking claim to Fox News Radio’s “The Brian Kilmeade Show” Friday morning.

Fahrenkopf told Kilmeade, “Steve is a man of great integrity, okay? I don’t know this question about whether he tweeted something out or not, I do know, and you’ll probably pick up on it in a minute, that he was hacked… Apparently, there’s something now that’s been on television and the radio saying that he talked to Scaramucci… He was hacked. It didn’t happen.”

Also, Scaramucci told Fox News’ Brian Kilmeade today that he thought Scully’s tweet was real, prompting his own response to the debate moderator last night.

He also tweeted later today that he took Scully’s claim “at his word,” adding, “Let’s not cancel anymore people from our culture for absolutely something like this. It’s insignificant. He is an objective journalist.”

President Trump’s interview on Fox News with Sean Hannity earlier has garnered a lot of attention and comments he made about the person who had been pegged to be the moderator for the next debate, Steve Scully, got the C-SPAN political editor’s attention.

Trump called Scully a “nevertrumper.” We had previously reported that Scully had written an op-ed before the 2016 election where he said he didn’t want to Trump to ever be president.

Not long after, Scully tweeted out to former White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci, “should I respond to trump.”

Scaramucci responded to his tweet, saying, “Ignore. He is having a hard enough time. Some more bad stuff about to go down.”